Saturday 22 October 2011

My Favourite iPhone apps - By Category

I was an early adopter of iPod touch + iPhone. Earlier on I mostly used the phone just for checking mails and casual net surfing (besides taking and making phone calls!). But now my spectrum of use has widened to the ever expanding list of fantastic apps. I am just amazed on g


how the apps thing has just taken off with the world. It is almost replacing the need for websites at a fast pace. I am sure many a companies might now be considering launching a smartphone app before they even start their online web page. I was just reading yesterday (in the preview of his latest biography) that Steve Jobs himself was first reluctant to open the app store, but he too was shocked on the way it has influenced our world now. Kudos to the visionary entrepreneur who brought this wonder to the world. Salute.

I am almost an addict of my iPhone now. Most of my non-office, waking hours are spent on this wonderful, other worldly gadget. Below is a catalog of the apps that I like the most to spend my time on.

News
Bloomberg
CNBC RT
BBC Worldwide
NY Times
Huffington Post
Engadget
Times

Metro

Native apps
- Mail
- Safari
- Notes
- Reminder List

iPhoneography
- Camera+
- HDR Fusion
- Lumiere
- nofinder
- FX Photo Studio
- PS Express
- Snapseed
- Iris

Social Networking
- Facebook
- Flickr

App Discovery
- App Shopper
- Appadvice
- Appsfire
- Mobitog

Reading
- iBooks
- Kindle
- Goodread
- Economist

Shopping
- Amazon
- eBay
- Sainsbury

Travel
- Tripadvisor
- Skyscanner
- Tube Map
- thetrainline
- TripIt

Reference
- Merriam Webster Dictionary
- American Heritage Dictionary
- Wikipedia
- Wordbook
- Qi

Blogging
- Blogger
- Wordpress

Diary/Journal
- Momento
- Springpad

Games
- Words with Friends
- Chess with Friends
- Real Racing 2

Net Browsing
- Opera Mini Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback and suggestions.