Wednesday 26 October 2011

POTD: A Sunny Autumn


I had been to Greenwich park this weekend and took quite a few pictures showing autumn in its full glory. I am sharing two of these with you today, along with some “iPhone app converted” ones.



  1. Greenwich taken with iPhone

I took this pic with HDR Fusion app – it takes two shots of the scene – one with a dark exposure and the other with a light exposure and then fuses them together.

  1. Greenwich1  Basic edits

I found the original pic to be slightly dull. So, I edited for a bit of saturation, ambiance and vibrancy in Camera+ app first and then Snapseed for finishing touches.

  1. Greenwich1  Rainy Daze

I got a new app today called Rainy Daze. Simply put, it adds rainy effects to photos. Although my photo was taken in very bright conditions, this app did a good job of rendering that rainy feel to it.

  1. Greenwich1  Monochrome

The scene had some drama element to it, and so I tried converting it into a Monochrome using Monochromia app.

  1. Greenwich1  PicFX

PicFX is another excellent app which always surprises me. In this picture, I used their Frame1 filter and I liked the effects it added – especially a Sun like object at the back of the silhouettes on the horizon and the bright shiny light on the path to the right.

  1. Greenwich2  Camera+






I took this picture at the same spot but slightly different time of the day and it came out dark with clearly outlined silhouettes. I just edited it a bit for vibrancy and that’s all.



Yesterdays poll results
There was a tie between 1st (Original) and 6th (Monochrome).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback and suggestions.