Monday 10 October 2011

POTD: Towering Monday

I have got so many pictures today that I need not send anything for this entire week - SEVEN in all!
I know the purists will condemn me for this, but I believe it is still an art to visualise reality in a different form and then be able to relay that vision by editing the picture appropriately. In the olden times, artists did this by sketching and painting their own versions of reality. In the modern times, it’s the apps and filters which empower us to do the same – and I am happy to be one such technophile artist.
Often it is difficult to judge which effect or filter will look good on a picture and will do justice to it, but the Tower Bridge is so majestically beautiful that almost every filter made it look magical – putting an artistic version together was totally effortless. I experimented with four different apps and each of them produced a remarkable version of my original picture.
This time I do have the voting buttons added to the mail  so please choose from the options and let me know which version impresses you the most (no reply =none L)
  1. Original
(taken with Canon IXUS 310 HS – in the evening around 6:30ish)


  1. Black and White

(converted in Lumiere – B&W filter)
  1. Monochrome - Sepia

(converted in Noir Photo app)
  1. Old Photo

(converted in Dynamic Light app)
  1. Blue Tint

(converted in Dynamic Light app)
  1. Orange Color

(converted in Lumiere app)
  1. Dazed version – used a different iPhone picture for this version


 (taken with iPhone; converted in Photo Toaster app)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback and suggestions.